M : "Hello, what's your name?"
D : "Dwi"
M : "And you're from china?"
D : "................"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
In a Ukrainian restaurant in Lugansk
X : *Talking in russian*
D : "Sorry........ I don't speak Russian."
X : "$#@%$? &^$%#??"
D : ".....Я не говорю по России. Sorry.... (trans : Ya ne govoryu po Rossyi : I don't speak russian)"
X : "Hmm...." *thinking* China? Japan?"
D : "Oh! Indonesia, I'm from Indonesia!"
X : *confused face* *walked away*
D : ".................."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
In Tokyo Hostel's lobby, Odessa, while using free wi fi
Y : *an old lady, starts to talk in Russian fastly*
D : "Я не понимаю, Я не понимаю.... (trans : ya ne ponimayu : I don't understand)"
Y : *keep talking* *keep talking*
D : "....." *frustrated*
W : *a random girl, saw us and translated "Are you a Ukrainian?"
D : *happy finding someone who speaks english* "No, I'm not."
Y : *talks in Russian very fast again* *pointing at my eyes (which were covered by colored contact lenses, maybe she's confused how an asian like me has blue eyes)*
W : *tried to translate her again* "Where are you from?"
D : "Ah. Indonesia."
Y&W : *looked at each other* *confused* "Uhm.... Where is it?"
D : "In south east asia?"
W : *still looked confused*
D : "Uhh..... It's near Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia................."
Y&W : "Aaaah, да, да, да...... (trans : da, da, da : yes, yes, yes)" *both looked satisfied* *continued to type on their laptops, ignoring me*
D : ".............................."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
In a hostel in Kharkov, at dining room
V (Just a random guy, another customer in the hostel) : "*^^$%$@ po rossi? Po rossi?" (He asked whether I can speak russian or not)
D : "Nyiet, ya ne govoryu po Rossi..."
V : "Anglishka? Do you speak English?"
D : "Yes of course....... (with my "Ya menurut lo?" face)
V : "My name is Vitaly"
D : "Vitaly, nice to meet you. My name is Dwi"
V : "Louie?"
D : "It's Dwi, Dee-Double U-I!"
V : "Ah, da da, where are you from?"
D : "Indonesia"
V : *intimidating face* "Huh? Where is it?"
D : "Pfft. Under Singapore! Bali! Bali!"
V : "Ah... Bali!"
D : ".........................."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
In front of a halal shaurma stall, with my Egyptian friend
F : "You know, you don't look like an Indonesian for me."
D : "Really? How?"
F : "Your skin is too fair for example"
D : "....Well, I'm considered pale in my country"
F : "And those eyes. Those big eyes of yours<"
D : "So what do I look like?"
F : "Anything but Indonesian"
D : "......................."
No comments:
Post a Comment