People are raving about Sigma brushes, but too bad in Indonesia we don't have one-stop make up store like Sephora which is making us hard to get these babies. I was hesitant to buy it cause the price was.... Well, it's a lot of fortune for students like me. But, since I really need to have decent brushes,( I just have to starve myself for couple of weeks or so) I encouraged myself to buy my first set!
I got mine in Mr. Bunny
Why did I choose this set? Cause it's made of synthetic fibres so it's 100% vegan (and cruelty free!) and the bristles don't come off easily (they're strong enough to hold my pre-cleansing test and don't leave annoying black bristles when I apply my make up) and I don't think I need horse hair brushes just yet... Professionals like it since it'll hold up make up for a long time there when it's not applied which is why they're good for powdery make up --they would make eye shadows look very heavy pigmented and very durable as well-- but I use a lot of cream and liquid products, which goes really well with the synthetic ones. They're as soft as the natural ones anyway...
...And I love horses.
End of the story.
So, synthetic or natural brushes? Your choice, ma'am!
My favorite brushes by far are f30 kabuki brush for powder --super soft, huge, setting and giving flawless look at the same time and the brush itself looks like a fat, cute bunny tail-- and the f40 large angled contour brush is just right for contouring. I love to use my bronzer to contour my cheeks with it and it fits the hollow of my cheeks just perfect, popping your cheek bones and giving slimmer look!
On the other side, the eyeliner brush isn't really my kind of brush since the tip is too wide for me to apply my cream liner --I love to apply it thinly just above my lash lines-- and I would still stick to my liner brush from The Face Shop.
Next ones are OCC lip tars.
I got mine in Grandma and NSFW, swatches on my hand, the upper one is Grandma, bottom NSFW
Again, I was curious with these lip pigments because people talk about it a lot. I decided to give it a try. Since I bought it online, I didn't know that these come in a SUPER SMALL tubes. Did I mention the 'super' part? It comes in 10 ml tube with a little pouch and brush. Regardless the super high price for a lip pigment --online stores here sell it for around $30 USD each and it's actually only costs $18 USD... Grrrah, give back my money!!-- I found out that you can use a tine bit dollop of it for the whole lip, so it should last long!
There was an instruction how to use that, but here's how I love to wear mine.
1. Prime your lips with lip balm first! I'm using EOS lip balm since it wont give extra shine for my lips. If your lips chapped, you can always scrub it first. You don't want to have cracked lips with it.
2. Next, squeeze the tube and dab a tiny, tiny bead to the brush. You only need a bit! Too much of it doesn't look really pretty anyway. Remember, a little goes along the way!
3. In the instruction, you should apply your lip tar to the center of your lip then blend it outward to the lip line. I like to work mine with lots of thin vertical lines from the center of my lips to my lip line. That way, the color will turn out even and it'll be so much easier to do!
4. If you want to have extra sheen, use OCC lip tar in Clear on the top of it, but you can always just use any brand of clear lip glosses. Works just fine.
I'm sorry for the super crappy quality pictures I took
NSFW
Grandma
What I like about this product is so comfortable to wear it. It doesn't give you the feeling of wearing lipsticks because it feels light, like when you wear your lip balm or lip gloss but the end result is matte. Also, it's very pigmented, which would cover your real lips color just right. The longevity is quite good as well, as it stays like 5-8 hours after applying it for me, yet I would say nobody beats LipSense by SeneGence when it comes to longevity! Another plus you could always mix these tubes to get new colors. Just squeeze the amount you'd like on a little container and mix it together. The only thing I hate is if you put too much amount of these, it would smear A LOT. It's not a very desirable look to see. I have very dry lips as well, so I have to reapply lip balm every couple hours to prevent my lips from cracking.
For the colors, NSFW is a pure red lip pigment, without any hint of orange or blue, which I really like, but since my skin tone is a bit yellowish I would like to go for something darker and richer, so I might buy OCC lip tar in Vintage later? Grandma is coralish, with a faint pink shade. I fell in love at the first sight with this cause you can use it on your daily basis. The color is beautiful and making a perfect baby-ish lip color. There's only one condition; apply it very thinly or else you will get bright orange lips as a result, make you look like you just step out of Sexy Lips filter from Camera 360's application.
Thought I was going to make another review for some other products I just bought recently, but I'm having a big job to do : preparing for tomorrow's Ied! Let's make the most of our last fasting day, and happy Ied for those who celebrate it, taqaballalahu minna wa minkum. I really gotta go now, so ciao!




No comments:
Post a Comment