Wednesday, 30 October 2013

The Universe Speaks

So I just happened to be asked by my mum to accompany her to a wedding last minutes before she went. It was actually a wedding of my far relatives, and I was baited by my parents to come by saying, there could be a lot of good food, since their family is kinda rich... (I am a cheapskate. I know, okay?) So there I was, walking through the wedding reception sporting my little black dress, clogs and my little purse, looking all lost with my hair undone and a little bit of red lip and cheek stain. 

It was before I greeted the happy couple. I was drinking juice in the middle of the room, and there he was. I saw him, a familiar face from a long, long time ago. Wearing the uniform Beskap that the close family of the married couple had to wore, it was my ex-boyfriend, looking all good, tall and composed. He saw me, and I saw him. And the clock seemed to stop ticking. He was quite far from me, but it didn't seem that people between us were even exist. Do you know a scene that every romantic films have, the one when two persons stare at each other from far away, like they each other are the stars of their eyes? That..... Actually felt like it. We exchanged gaze for a moment when I realised it had been too long. I blushed right away, and headed back to where my cousins were. My heart wouldn't stop beating so fast I was afraid I could had a heart attack.

What? What was happening? Is that really him? What is he doing here? Shouldn't he still be abroad, pursuing his career? Why is he wearing the uniform? I asked myself relentlessly. I thought I had to have closer look, so that I'm sure that it was him... Or not. But I was too afraid to do so, then I went to the mineral water station, tried to calm myself. As I sip down the water, it felt like God was answering my questions; he walked closer to me, and stood really close to me, gave me a better view of him. Then, I was 90 percent sure that it was him. It was almost like the universe together gave its power, so we could met. I was still out of my mind, I couldn't even talk or do anything. Then, my mum startled me, called me to congratulate the couple. Still in awe, I walked toward her and obediently followed her. 

As I walked away, I tried to gather information from everywhere, and it hit me when someone told me he went back to Indonesia about 3 weeks ago. No one knows why. Now that I more than a hundred percent sure that it was him... I wanted to say hi to him. It's been 3 years since we last met, been 6 years since we broke up, and it felt like it's been forever since we last talked. After I greeted the couple, I walked down the stairs fastly, tried to look him everywhere. From the first, second and third room I scanned people faces thoroughly. But he wasn't there. Even until I went home.

I was disappointed. I finally met him, but I couldn't even say anything. I chatted my friend through Line on my way home since I didn't know anything else to do.

M : Guess who I saw today at the wedding
N : Who?
M : My ex! And he was in uniform, meaning we're family now through my relative's marriage.
N : YOUR EX? That P guy? The one that hurted you badly? 
M : Duh, NO! It was far before him. The one who went abroad to study.
N : Oh, that guy. So do you happen to say anything to him?
M : I didn't. He vanished into thin air, just like that...
N : Ah, what a shame. Then it is your chance to start a chat with him. Try, "Hey, did you went to a wedding? I saw you :)"

At this point I laughed so hard til my parents had to peek, whether I was okay or no. Unlike me, this buddy of mine is really capable to create such a flirtatious moment!

M : Haha! Unfortunately, I lost his contact. The only contact I had was his BBM pin, and as we're not using BlackBerry anymore... I lost it all!
N : What? No fun at all.
M : But really, I am sad. We haven't been able to see each other, and out of all event, we met at the wedding. Don't you feel that this is the sign from universe that... We could be together? Didn't the universe unite to had me went there at the last minute, even to set him stood right there so I could see him?
N : ...But you couldn't find him even when you looked everywhere, right? This probably another sign from the universe...


And it all hits me. It's not because of the universe I met him. Out of all those signs, I probably see it the way I want it to be... And it's definitely not right. We happened to be the family of the couple, he happened to be the Pagar Bagus, I happened to come to the wedding, but the most important thing, we couldn't meet in the end just because I was being such a coward prick. Now I wont blame the universe. To think about it, I felt a huge relieve... Eventhough there's still a little part of me not wanting to let go. But it's fine. I'm good now. 




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





.........To the person who inspired me to make this story, thank you ;) dude you look really good in Beskap!

No comments: