Friday, 17 August 2012

And The Journey (Almost) Ends

I came back from the camp! Been almost 2 weeks there, and now I'm in the city center. My camp, мечта, or english is being called Camp Dream, is really far away from the heart of Lugansk. There's no wifi, even Ukrainian phone signal can't reach it, no wonder because it's in the border of Ukraine and Russia. It's a place for kids to stay from age 6 until 18 years old. Most of them are either orphans or poor kids.

 So, as you can see this is a river that only took us less than 1 minute to go there from the camp. A student there told me, "Swim swim swim swim, Russia! Swim swim swim swim, Ukraine!" cause she only speak english a bit. So, if you swim across it, voila! You're in Russia!

This kind of view can we get easily when we get out for either short or long walk out of the camp. Once I found a dead snake on the road....

And here's our Camp Dream! Natasya, a ukrainian girl who speaks english very fluent because she was adopted by an american couple, said that this camp is a summer camp during summer (yes of course) but in winter it changes its function into an alcoholic and drugs rehab -_- what a huge difference. And the shape of its building made me wonder what was this building for so I asked Natasya. She said that it was a military base. I wasn't shock because, well, it's in the border of Russia! What can you expect from it?


This kind of food is what usually being served there. A bowl of borsch --traditional soup of Ukraine-- mashed potato with butter, vegetables, this one is eggplant-which-I-don't-know-how-they-cooked-it, and protein, this one is fried fish. These and 2 pieces of bread. They have a national juice called compote, and it tastes disgusting -_- other interns find this kind of dish doesn't tastes good, but I'm good with it. I ate a lot the whole time, I think I start to have ukrainian tongue....................Not.

I write in my blog because since yesterday I got nothing to do in Blinok, maybe if I can find some time later in Kiev I'll update some more about my summer internship. So, talk to you later? Ciao! 

1 comment:

arutaki said...

dugaan gw : projectnya kayaknya ga bagus-bagus amat. Selamat menikmati sisa gcdp!